View our new Royal Rehab NDIS website
Contact Royal Rehab’s Lifestyle Support team on Tel: 02 9808 9615 or Email: LifestyleSupport.Intake@royalrehab.com.au
What is the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
The NDIS supports people living with disability by providing information and referrals, assistance to access community services and activities, personal plans and other supports over a lifetime.
The NDIS will provide you with more choice and control over how, when and where your supports are provided and provide certainty you will receive the support you need over your lifetime.
NDIS Community Connectors will work with you to identify supports you need to live your life. Supports may help you achieve goals in many aspects of your life including independence, involvement in the community, education, employment, health and wellbeing.
Six things to know about the NDIS
- The NDIS is law and is happening currently in the Hunter and the Nepean Blue Mountains area in NSW. It will be implemented in other parts of NSW from 1 July 2016.
- Funding is provided directly to people living with disability so they have more choice and flexibility.
- Some current services will not exist in the future.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) are different. NDIS is the service, NDIA is the governing body.
- Each person will have to approach the NDIA to register for the NDIS.
- Be prepared. Understand what supports you need and want in the future.
When will the NDIS be available?
The NDIS is currently available in NSW in the Nepean Blue Mountains area, (for children and young people aged under 18 on 1 July 2015) and the Newcastle and Lake Macquarie areas. NDIS will become available in the Northern Sydney, Sydney, Western Sydney, Central Coast and Southern NSW district from July 2016. All other areas will commence in July 2017
How can Royal Rehab help you under NDIS?
Royal Rehab will be a registered provider and has received third party verification. We will be able to assist you with the following NDIS support categories:
- Assistance with daily life at home in the community, education and at work
- Supported independent living
- Improved daily living skills
- Improved living arrangements
- Increased social and community participation
- Improved relationships
- Improved health and wellbeing
- Improved learning
- Improved life choices
What do you need to do?
To be able to receive NDIS in the future, you need to meet the following requirements:
- have a permanent and significant disability that affects your ability to take part in everyday activities
- be aged less than 65 when you first access the scheme
- be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen who holds a Protected Special Category Visa and;
- live in a trial site location (during the trial). From July 2016 more locations will be available.
For people living outside trial sites, existing national and state-based services and supports will continue until the NDIS is introduced in your area or extended to your age group.
Once the NDIS has confirmed you can access the scheme, an NDIS Community Connector will arrange to meet with you. Together, you will discuss your needs, goals and aspirations and the supports you currently receive and may need in the future. You can bring someone with you for support during your meetings. Using this information, your Connector will then develop a plan of supports that best meets your needs and your goals.
Why consider Royal Rehab for your NDIS needs?
Royal Rehab has been delivering high quality services for people living with disability, their families and carers for more than 100 years. We can partner with you to ensure you meet your goals.
Royal Rehab provides:
- Leadership and experience in rehabilitation and disability services.
- An experienced and a highly skilled team with specialities in spinal and brain injury, behaviour support and intellectual disability.
- Over 20 accommodation homes located throughout Sydney.
- Individualised programs tailored to your needs and that support your goals.
- Innovative solutions that incorporates research and ingenuity.
- Access to an experienced team including allied health professionals, program co-ordinators and support workers.
- A responsive, personal and reliable service.
- Active community participation including access to many activities with the support of a Recreational Therapist.
- Flexibility in how we meet your specific requirements.
- A proven track record in supported independent living.
Where to get more information
The NDIS website www.ndis.gov.au
What help can you receive www.ndis.gov.au/people-disability/what-help-can-i-get.
For more details, contact Royal Rehab’s Lifestyle Support team on Tel: 02 9808 9615 or Email: LifestyleSupport.Intake@royalrehab.com.au