Sex and Acquired Disability
A disability can affect your sexuality and adjusting to these changes can be challenging for everyone concerned. Our clinic can help you talk about sexuality and sexual health concerns in a confidential and supportive environment.
Medical specialists in sexual health issues and rehabilitation support the team at our sexuality clinic. Our multidisciplinary approach includes:
- A clinical nurse consultant with sexual health and acquired disability qualifications
- Occupational therapists
- Social workers
- Clinical psychologists
- Sexuality clinic services
The clinic is available to anyone with an acquired disability who has sexuality and sexual health concerns. A medical referral is not required. Some of our services include:
- Sexuality assessments and tailored therapy
- Counselling and education sessions (individual or group) for people with acquired disabilities, partners, parents and carers
- Telephone consultation and advice for people with acquired disabilities, partners, parents, carers, professional and community organisations
The clinic hours are 9am–5pm Monday to Friday.
To make appointments, please contact us on 02 9808 9347
What does it cost?
Initial comprehensive assessment – $150
Ongoing costs for proceeding with management plan – $80 per session
Medical Clinics at Royal Rehab are conducted in consultation with the Rehabilitation Medical Specialists within the organisation. A medical referral is required for this service.
Medical clinics are conducted for:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Injury
- Rehabilitation (Outpatient)
- Limb clinic
Please contact Transport and Centralised Services for further information
P. (02) 9808 9219