The Stepping On program offers older people a way to reduce falls and increase their confidence in situations where there’s a risk of falling.
Falls are a serious problem, but can be prevented at any age
Developed in Australia and now implemented around the world, this is one of the most effective fall prevention programs available, giving people the confidence to undertake their everyday activities safely. Stepping On will help you maintain your independence and give you the confidence to live safely and without the risk of falling.
- Step outside your home with confidence
- Improve your strength and balance
- Learn with your peers
- Become more aware of falls hazards
- Learn how to maximise your independence
- Move safely in the community
- Learn about nutrition for stronger bones
- Manage medication wisely
Who can join?
- Aged 65 years and older
- Living at home
- Able to walk independently or with a walking stick
- Fearful of falling or has fallen recently
- Lives in Northern Sydney Local Health District
Please note: not suitable for people with dementia or neuromuscular conditions
For further information contact
P. 9808 9685
M. 0401 715 845